Non-profit organization Association of cardiovascular surgeons of Russia was founded in 2003 for the purpose of activities coordination and protection of the common interests of its members. Association consists of the leading Russian clinics representatives in the field of cardiovascular surgery:
- Bakoulev Scientific Center for Cardiovascular Surgery,Moscow;
- Russian Scientific Centre of Surgery named after Academician B V Petrovsky, RAMS,
- I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State MedicalUniversity;
- The Clinic of Scientific and Production fundamental research laboratory for reconstructive cardio-vascular surgery Siberian Branch of RAMS, Kemerovo;
- Novosibirsk scientific research institute of blood circulation pathology named after E.N.Meshalkin, MHSD, Novosibirsk;
- Kirov State Medical Academy, Chair and Clinic of Surgery of Advanced Medical Training No 1 named after P.A. Kupriyanov, Saint-Petersburg and many others),
heads and doctors of the district and regional Russian hospitals, state medical institutes (St. Petersburg, Kazan, Saratov, Bashkortostan etc.), and also experts from neighbouring countries and beyond.
Main directions of the Association activity are:
- Representation and protections of the common interests of the Association members in the state government bodies;
- Organization and carrying out events promoting information exchange on the question of co-operation;
- information- publishing activities;
- interaction with Russian and foreign companies regarding scientific and scientific-technical cooperation.
- Participates in the events organization( conferences, symposiums) promoting information exchange on the question of experts co-operation in the field of cardiovascular surgery(Annual All-Russian Congress of Cardiovascular Surgeons);
- Engaged in information- publishing activities(prepare guidelines for treatment of cardiovascular disease and other informational materials);
- Performs representative functions for protection of Association Members interests in the state government bodies and in the management bodies;
- Engaged in financing and project realization of Association projects serving its charter purposes and objects;
- Participates in international co-operation in the field of cardiovascular surgery, and development of business relations with them for realization of Association charter purposes.
Throughout its existence, Association has realized large number of projects, and has organized 20 All-Russian Congress of Cardiovascular Surgeons. 150 specialized publications were published with the participation of the Association members.
Management of the Association is performed according to the adopted Charter (in Russian)
President of the Association is academician of RAS and RAMS, L.A. Bockeria